Team Tipton is dedicated to forging sustainable, transformational change in organizations serving humanity and the public good.
We create extraordinary teams that drive exceptional outcomes in organizational transformation. We are experts at transforming organizational cultures that suffer from status quo bias, inattentional blindness, or other limiting beliefs. Through a highly-participatory and high-expectation methodology, we help teams quickly build psychological safety as the foundation to: 1) first unlock, and then leverage the latent wisdom, talent and perspectives already inside an organization; and 2) open themselves to explore, evaluate, and ultimately implement strategic approaches and industry best practices.
Our clients are complex organizations who seek to transcend their legacy cultures. Healthy team dynamics (e.g., adaptability, nimbleness and resiliency) are required in the highest-performing organizations. Unfortunately, these attitudes are resisted by most those who have something to fear. With a game-changing approach toward driving “inside-out, bottom-up, and top-down” strategic growth and positive culture shifts, the Team Tipton model has accelerated extraordinary outcomes in “all-to-often” institutionalized, bureaucratic, entitlement-oriented sectors including healthcare, education, and agencies in the public sector (federal, state and local).
As a certified B-Corporation, we are part of a worldwide movement related to transforming the way we think about our roles, our impacts, and our approaches to the way we think, the way we operate, and the way we show up in the world.
Recently, the B Lab organization (the certifying body for B-Corporations) shared a unified anti-racism statement as part of their ongoing journey to dismantle racist systems, policies, practices, and ideologies within ourselves and our networks. We have chosen to adopt the B Lab statement and make it our own for Team Tipton:
As an organization, we stand against anti-Black racism and all forms of oppression including transphobia, classism, sexism, and xenophobia. We commit to a focused and sustained action to dismantle racist systems, policies, practices, and ideologies within ourselves and our networks. As we continue to learn about injustice, we embrace radical reorientation of our consciousness and will listen to the voices of Black, Brown, Indigenous and marginalized peoples to catalyze equitable outcomes for all.
Please join us in doing the same.
Certifying as a B Corporation goes beyond product- or service-level certification. B Corp Certification is the only certification that measures a company’s entire social and environmental performance.
The B Impact Assessment evaluated how Team Tipton’s operations and business model impact our workers, community, environment, and customers. From our supply chain to our charitable giving and employee benefits, B Corp Certification proves that we are meeting the highest standards of verified performance.
Positive impact is supported by transparency and accountability requirements. B Corp Certification doesn’t just prove where Team Tipton stands now—it commits us to consider stakeholder impact for the long term by building it into our company’s legal structure.
As stated in our articles of incorporation as
a Colorado Public Benefit Corporation:
“Team Tipton’s principal purpose is to deliver professional consulting, coaching, and training services designed to forge authentic, sustainable, and transformational change in organizations that serve humanity and the public good.”
In 2019, we donated 609 hours of volunteer hours to non-profits we support.
In 2019, we provided 96 hours of pro bono services to non-profits we support.
We know you have many choices for your professional services support. Here’s a bit about our business practices we would love for you to consider in making your decision.
1) Drive transformational change: We only do transformation—by architecting and facilitating the process of moving our client organizations toward the next, best iteration of themselves.
2) Be our best: We nurture and develop our skills and expertise through curiosity, learning, and mastery. We spend considerable time learning, exploring and discovering innovative and powerful tools to drive sustainable change.
3) Nurture wholeness: We do all things mindfully and compassionately, respecting and celebrating our team’s diversity, and the rich tapestry of personalities, perspectives and viewpoints within our client organizations. This is in our organizational DNA.
4) Lean forward / B Corporation: We actively support fair trade, ethical hiring, environmental sustainability, workplace equity, and other social justice-related practices. We are in the process of becoming a B (Benefit) Corporation (CLICK HERE to learn more about B corporations).
5) Give back: We intentionally share financial and time-based resources with community-enriching organizations.
6) Walk our talk: We are empathetic and sensitive to our clients’ culture and the varied individual perspectives within them. However, we are also compassionately direct when it comes to sharing our observations and suggested actions.
Team Tipton was formed by Founder and CEO Bob Tipton who has been working as an entrepreneur in professional services since 1986. For over 30 years he has been refining Team Tipton’s innovative approach for guiding businesses through future-forward, results-focused transformational change initiatives. With a game-changing approach toward driving strategic growth and positive culture shifts, the Team Tipton model has been successful in sectors including government agencies, public works, utilities, non-profits, healthcare and education.
Bob is a natural collaborator and over the years has cultivated relationships with other professionals who share his passion for transformation. He began inviting them to join him and the result is a growing team of dedicated professionals with common values, a shared vision and complementary skill sets.